The position of Application Architect is an important role and we are seeking a person who has an expansive knowledge base on multiple technologies. You have demonstrated the ability to take abstract requirements and ideas from conception to implementation. Plus, you really thrive on high-level collaboration with enterprising and high-performance teams.
· Identify new technologies with intrinsic value for application in company solutions
· Lead activities with external vendors and an internal team to identify, evaluate and recommend system hardware and software
· Define and lead proof of concept activity associated with technology assessment
· Work with IT and business representatives to identify opportunities leading to the design and development of tools and applications in support of company and business partner operations
· Document the desired future state of application architecture, and document the gaps between current and future states
· Define transition plans to close the gaps
· Design, document and drive adoption of enterprise-wide architectures and frameworks
· Assume a leadership role in establishing and ensuring compliance with IT governance policies and initiatives including standards, best practices, and policies
· Serve as subject matter expert in multiple technology areas
· Assure that solution designs meet requirements for scalability, performance, and quality by negotiated service level agreements
· Participate in the assessment and resolution of software defects discovered during the quality assurance process
· Work with software engineers, QA engineers, technical writers, configuration management and infrastructure, as needed, to ensure quality and the successful implementation of new applications or features
· Assist IT Managers in assessing feature and requirement tradeoffs
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related years of experience.
· 10+ years of experience in software or applications engineering and/or technical operations.
· Work and/or academic experience building applications employing the following:
· Java, JSP, Servlets
· Common Java frameworks and approaches such as J2EE, EJB, XML(JAXB), etc.
· Java Application Servers with IBM Websphere products and services preferred
· Extensive background in the .NET Framework, with a recent emphasis on .NET Core
· Experience architecting .NET and .NET Core web and web service solutions
· Relational database with emphasis SQL Server 2012+
· XML, XSL, XSD and XPath
· Common web protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST, etc.
· Object-relational mapping tools
· Internet and hardware technologies such as load balancers, firewalls, clustering, encryption devices, or accelerators.
· Detailed knowledge of operating systems or components such as transaction processing, asynchronous
· implementation and load balancing is a plus.
· Heterogeneous operating environments emphasizing Windows and Linux.
· Experience with design tools, design patterns and familiarity with the application of UML and class diagram representations
· Possess characteristics representative of a self-starter and motivator
· Ability to work on/manage multiple tasks concurrently