Feature Job: Linux Robotics Technician
Do you find that your mindset is always in testing mode, and your responsiveness to issue resolution is a dominant trait?
We are searching for a Robotics Technician to run and maintain robots and automation control systems. You have a solid understanding of the Linux command-line interface and open-source Linux distribution. You’ll oversee a fleet of robots while they operate autonomously and troubleshoot any errors or behavior concerns.
Your previous experience in IT support will guide you to write support tickets and align IT services with the needs of the business. Your work requires hands-on interaction with the robots, and you’ll self-navigate a robot to ensure its safety and sensibility.
- Provide root cause analysis and implement solutions to problems
- Log issues through the ticketing system
- Improve the design and operation systems
- Apply principles of computer science and engineering to the design of robot hardware, software and the supporting
- Analyze and improve the design and operation of systems
- Knowledge of command-line Linux (Ubuntu preferred)
- Software development background with skills in an object-oriented language such as C++, Java or Python
- Working experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- History in the Linux operating system and networking
- Experience with complex robotic applications including perception and planning
- Experience with embedded systems and real-time operating systems
- Working knowledge of software debugging and profiling tools
- Develop policies that are used in real-time control systems, including interfaces to hardware and sensors
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any characteristic protected by law.