Feature Job: Information Architect / UX Designer
The Information Architect leads user-focused design work for a variety of clients. You’ll use your experience with HCD methods to understand needs, identify opportunities and explore design solutions. You’ll improve the usability, usefulness, and desirability of software with other project team members representing marketing, development, product management, and engineering. You will report to the Director of HCD.
You’ll share your online portfolio and complete a design challenge as part of the interview process.
• Consider goals and lead the appropriate HCD methods to achieve those goals
• Combine information from HCD work and discussion, present to clients, gather feedback and iteratively refine based on input
• Use a systems-based approach that shows connections between interactions, tools, departments and services
• Advocate for users by creating and sharing representations of their needs such as personas, mental models and user stories
• Develop low fidelity user interface designs for web and mobile products that use UX best practices with a pattern-based approach to user experiences
• Capture and communicate the system of flows and behaviors for a product to the project team members that are building and testing the application
• Manage your time within the constraints provided by the project manager
• Adopt and adhere to OpenArc processes throughout the entire development lifecycle
• Undergraduate degree in Interaction Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or Service Design, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of work experience working in a digital design role creating interfaces for web or mobile products or applications
• Experience using or certification for Human Centered Design methods
• A holistic and human-centered approach to product and service design, from research and insight generation to concept to deliverable
• Interaction design skills, including use of a diverse set of software such as Sketch, Adobe CS or a comparable set of tools
• Experience with Agile software development processes and methodologies
• Knowledge of UX best practices and patterns for common flows and interactions
• Experience using software to storyboard a sequence of screens that illustrate the flow of users’ interactions software
• Strong conceptual, verbal and visual communication skills
Inquire about this position and apply via email by clicking here!