OpenArc designed, built and deployed Tabula Pro, a secure, Web-based PHP application that manages residential information for personal care homes - streamlining what is often an onerous, time-consuming process and assisting the homes in their compliance with state regulations. The application utilizes Twitter Bootstrap and is fully scalable and adaptable to changing regulations and across different states. This full-featured electronic health records (EHR) solution helps to decrease inefficiencies in care through comprehensive alert and reminder systems, and a customizable staffing component allows administrators to track and manage employee schedules, certifications, and state-mandated training hours.
Tabula Pro also features extremely robust form functionality. A custom-designed form builder allows for the creation of any number of customized forms and patient reports, which may then be scanned into a digital image, autofilled, and signed directly from the app by resident physicians.
- Web design and development
- Medical Technology
- Marketing strategy
- Mobile strategy
- Computational healthcare
- App Design
- App Development
Trying to run a business is difficult, but OpenArc makes it so much easier for us. We pride ourselves on customer service and fixing issues quickly, and OpenArc’s cutting edge software and technology keeps our business a step ahead of our competitors.
Adam Pournaras, President & CEO, Senior Living Software - TabulaPro
What We Learned
- Human-Centered Design (HCD) really works: the vast majority of Tabula’s functions began as requests from various facilities that use the application.
- Sometimes, development resources are needed because not everyone signs a touchscreen form with their finger at the same speed.
- Developers working directly with users is a huge win.
- For career caregivers, change can come slow; when eventually embraced, it is monumentally appreciated.